I remember my sisters husband saying “baby monitor? you don’t need one, when you hear them cry you just go in the room!” when I was registering for baby items with my first born. I knew he had a point. But I also knew me, I would be going into that room repeatedly to make sure my brand new precious little baby was still sleeping, breathing, alive, and well. I was gifted a monitor from a friend and we used that thing until it literally almost burned the house down. I woke one night to the monitor cords smoking.
Well three years later I needed a new one. One that wasn’t going to burn up in the middle of the night and one that would give me more than the satisfaction that my child wasn’t making sounds.
2020 has been a HELL of a year. I thought this year was going to be so much more than it has been. With the birth of Mia, I was excited for the future. Technology has come such a long way since Dax in 2015. I will say I am happy that 2020 brought us the Miku Monitor for Mia.
Heres what I absolutely love about the Miku Monitor
- It connects to my phone, no need for wires, or another piece of tech running around your house.
- The app can be used wether I am home or away.
- It monitors her breathing, tracks her sleeping, sends notifications to me when shes awake, and when she falls asleep.
- I love that I can connect it to my amazon Echo “hey Alexa how is baby doing?” She replies “Mia is asleep”
- It safely is mounted to the wall and I get a complete view of her crib with night vision.
- It is very affordable!
I almost forgot! It has music, white noise, two way talk and records activities ( so I can see if my husband REALLY gave her the paci or picked her up)
I honestly didn’t think i would be here writing a whole post about ONE baby product, here I am. I can stop raving about it my friends. I truly love this monitor. I love that I can have the app open as in the background of my phone. I can use other apps and still hear for Mia. It’s mind blowing how amazing the technology is on this thing!
Tell me, what is your number one needed baby item!?
Thank you to Miku for gifting this monitor, without you I would be lost!