Let’s talk about my Summer Beauty Secrets!
Being pregnant, I cut my sun exposure down to almost nothing. I’m still really careful when I’m not pregnant. But since I had some suspicious moles on my back frozen off, I’m even more so. UV rays are scary and not enough people are afraid of them. I love the sun but there’s too big a price to pay to get the California “glow”.
Luckily, I have a secret weapon.
Tan Wise Products, sold at Sally Beauty Supply, has literally the BEST tanning formula!
To achieve a really good at home tan, you need to do the following:
Chose a great product!
With self-tanners your procedure is EVERYTHING. So here’s what I do:
1. Take a shower and SCRUB! Imagine you’re about to commit a crime and you don’t want to leave any trace of your DNA anywhere.
2. Get all the way dry. Blend a small amount of lotion into your wrists, elbows, hands, feet and ankles. Those areas will soak up the most tanning product so let them soak in a little bit of moisture. It will even everything out.
3. While in front of a full length mirror apply the tanner to one body part at a time, like lower leg, upper leg, etc.
Be sure to notice the easy “to forget” spots like behind your knees or inside your elbows.
4. Make sure you are dry before you get dressed. If you’re in a hurry you can always involve a blow drier.
5. Apply regular lotion often after you’ve showered off the bronzer. It will make the tan last much longer.
I also use a mitt because for me, it goes on smoother. I have heard of others using gloves or bare hands and those work fine too. If you use bare hands, I recommend washing them with baking soda afterwards.
I used the spray this time. Being pregnant, I can’t get the harder to reach areas with a gigantic ball in my way! I loved the spray as much as the mousse although I had to use more of the spray than I did the mousse.
The face gel is seriously amazing. I never get clogged pores or break out, I just get a perfect even glow that matches the rest of my body. It also doesn’t conflict with my makeup!
Want more summer beauty tips and inspiration? Check out Sally Beauty Supply on Instagram!
Thanks for reading!